Pacific Coast Highway,Oregon

Pacific Coast Highway,Oregon
Pacific Coast Highway,Oregon

Friday, August 8, 2014

 Just north of Childress,one of the may Texas roadside rest areas.
 I wanted to miss Amarillo altogether,so I told Ms Garmin to handle it......sometimes she messes up!
I did see some rarely traveled roads and this dry water crossing
 
 This white face and her calf were wondering why I stopped on her water crossing
 Another picnic area probably due north of Amarillo.
It was in the 80's and the sun was hiding behind the clouds.
 Just a few pics of that area.
Typical New Mexico scenery! It had cooled to 70-75 and some on and off drizzle.

I was within 50 miles of Raton,New Mexico when the sky turned dark blue with a real lightening show going on.
Now getting caught in that is one thing a motorcyclist has to deal with,but going through that on purpose,ain't gonna happen with me!
I made a U turn and backtracked 35 miles to Clayton NM for a nice room,a meal and a happy hour.
Boiled corn on the cob smothered in butter and salt (thanks Dalhart farmer!) and a Subway sandwich for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment